ODC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We recommend that you regularly review this policy to ensure that you are familiar with the current version.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information:
- information that you provide to us by filling in our forms (including, for example enquiry forms);
- information that you provide to us by e-mail or otherwise in writing;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- we may ask you to complete surveys for market research purposes, though you do not need to respond to them.
If you do not want your personal data collected, please do not provide it to us.
If you believe that any information that we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please amend your details through your online account or notify us in writing (details provided below) as soon as possible.
We may also collect information automatically about your visit(s) to our site. This information is not personally identifiable and includes general information about your computer settings (including IP address), browsing patterns, and demographic data. This information shall remain in aggregated form and may be used to understand how visitors use this site or for other statistical purposes.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF THE INFORMATION
You agree that we may obtain, hold and use the information we collect to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- providing you with information about our products and/or services;
- sending you, from time to time, material in respect of events or other information which we think you may find interesting; and
- market research purposes.
We may contact you by post, e-mail, telephone or fax.
You agree that we may disclose the information we collect:
- to ODC’s external service providers, including ODC’s external professional advisors;
- to protect the rights or safety of ODC, any of ODC’s employees or any third party;
- as we consider required or permitted under law or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. This may require disclosures to courts, law enforcement agencies or government, regulatory or other competent authorities and bodies.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately however, due to the inherent nature of the internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission, therefore, is at your own risk.
We may collect information from you through the use of “cookies”. “Cookies” are small data files that are sent to your browser or related software from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. Without cookies enabled, you may not be able to use certain features on our site. For more information about cookies and how to control them, please visit Allaboutcookies.org.
Your use of the ODC Sites shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive law of Botswana. You hereby give consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of Botswana in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the ODC Site.